Though we can’t meet in person, we hope to achieve a high level of attention and interaction in our colloquia via Zoom. Together we can create a productive and welcoming environment to listen, learn, and share ideas. To this end, we ask participants to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative when speaking and listening.
- Use your real name (e.g. not "My iPad") to facilitate discussion and engagement.
- Keep audio muted when you aren’t speaking.
- If you are comfortable doing so, turn your video on so the speaker can see you.
- Be thoughtful of when you speak. Be courteous, and don’t interrupt the speaker.
- Use nonverbal communication effectively. Nodding, raising your hand, or giving a thumbs up (either physically or using Zoom features) will help the colloquium feel more engaging and personal.
- Use the chat/Q&A feature to ask questions and engage in discussion.
- Be patient with the hosts as they relay your question to the speaker, and understand that questions may be held until the end of the presentation.
We appreciate your participation and look forward to seeing you in an upcoming virtual colloquium!