To support online learning and remote research, a number of professional organizations and publishers are offering free or reduced-price access to e-books and other electronic resources. Washington University Libraries are also offering remote resources and guidance for users. Please contact EPS librarian Clara McLeod if you need library services or resources, including e-book purchase requests.
- AGU has created an Online Learning Exchange webpage and an AGU Connect page where members and educators can share resources and knowledge about online learning in the classroom, field and lab.
- For those conferences and meetings that may be postponed or cancelled, researchers may want to use the Earth and Space Science Open Archive (ESSOAr), an AGU-led community preprint server. ESSOAr can serve as a place to host a virtual poster hall for Earth and space science conferences.
- AGI is providing free individual access to its Glossary of Geology Online Service through June 30, 2020.
- AGI is also offering the digital edition of The Geosciences Handbook at reduced cost.
- Bundled print editions of both references are also available at reduced cost.
- Free learning modules are available through the Geoscience Online Learning Initiative (GOLI) platform.
GeoScienceWorld is offering extended public complimentary access to some e-books from the following GSW book publishers through June 30, 2020: