I am interested in using original field observations of sedimentary rocks paired with a range of geochemical proxies to explore key Earth history events. I am particularly fascinated by ancient glaciations and large perturbations to the global carbon cycle that punctuate the Neoproterozoic and Paleozoic Eras. Using samples spanning the end-Ordovician Hirnantian glaciation, my current research investigates how geochemical and isotopic signatures are incorporated and altered within carbonate rocks at the micron-scale, using secondary ion mass spectrometry. This work aims to decipher spatial variability of 34S at a scale previously unobtainable, thereby eliminating much of the uncertainty of chemostratigraphic records generated using bulk samples.
7. Rose, C.V., Maloof, A.C., Schoene, B., Ewing, R.C., Linnemann, U., Hofmann, M. and Cottle, J.M., 2013, The end-Cryogenian glaciation of South Australia, Geoscience Canada, 40, 256-293.
6. Rose, C.V. Swanson-Hysell, N.L., Husson, J.M., Poppick, L.N., Cottle, J.M., Schoene, B. and Maloof, A.C., 2012, Constraints on the origin and relative timing of the Trezona d13C anomaly below the end-Cryogenian glaciation, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 319-320, 241-250.
5. Long, S., Macquarrie, N., Tobgay, T., Rose, C.V. Gehrels, G. and Grujic, D., 2011, Tectonostratigraphy of the lesser Himalaya of Bhutan: Implications for the along-strike stratigraphic continuity of the northern Indian margin, Bulletin of the Geological Society of America, 123, 1406-1426.
4. Macdonald, F.A., Strauss, J.V., Rose, C.V. Dudas, F.O. and Schrag, D.P., 2010, Stratigraphy of the Port Nolloth Group of Namibia and South Africa and implications for the age of Neoproterozoic iron formations, American Journal of Science, 310, 862-888.
3. Maloof, A.C., Rose, C.V., Beach, R., Samuels, B.M., Calmet, C.C., Erwin, D.H., Poirier, G.R., Yao, N. and Simons, F.J., 2010, Possible animal-body fossils in pre-Marinoan limestones from South Australia, Nature Geoscience, 3, 653-659.
2. Rose, C.V. and Maloof, A.C., 2010, Testing models for post-glacial `cap dolostone' deposition: Nuccaleena Formation, South Australia, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 296, 165-180.
1. Swanson-Hysell, N.L., Rose, C.V. Calmet, C.C., Halverson, G.P., Hurtgen, M.T., Maloof, A.C., 2010, Cryogenian onset of a dynamic carbon cycle, Science, 328, 608-611.